News

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 1





What a night.......
Last night about 15 minutes before the set time to start the treatment i have suddenly had a panic attack. Very strong feeling of fear...fear that something will happen the moment i swallow these tablets... for 1 minute, I have even considered to postpone the treatment for another day or two, seeking in my head some lame excuses why not to take them today yet.......good thing i didn’t find any. 
Exactly at 10 pm GMT i have swallowed both pills...
Subconsciously, almost immediately i have started seeking the first signs of the side effect, checking my arms, legs in search for rash - nothing there. I’ve realized what i am doing and started laughing....guess that was a nervous reaction :)
Approx. 1 hour later i have started feeling really dizzy and drowsy....  The feeling of dizziness was extremely strong, it almost felt like after taking an ‘E’ (yes, i did have tried ecstasy many many years ago). I have to say i was slightly shocked by the strength of this reaction, however i perfectly understand now why it is recommended to take the pills at night time...i wouldn't be able to go to work in such state, never mind driving the car.
I said to my self - Its time for bed.
During the night i am not really sure if i was actually sleeping, i felt like i was stoned (in a happy kind of way) lying in my bed with closed eyes i have experience some kind of hallucinations... in my head i ‘saw‘ some strange things, shapes, colors  i saw people doing things, etc... it was like a dream, however very real dream. All these things were happening around me  and i was simply observing them, with no intention to interact, just wanted to watch them from my bed - really bizarre.
Around 2 am i got up to use the toilet, the feeling of dizziness and being ‘high’ was still very very strong and for some strange reason i didn't feel tired, i was checking the time as it felt like it’s morning and time to get ready for work. Back in bed same vivid dreams , visions continued.....
Woke up around 7 am, very very lightheaded... with no intention of getting up, i really couldn’t be bothered...wanted to just lay there....i was in very relaxed happy mood - still little bit ‘high’ i guess.
The very first observation after getting up was the fact that there is no rash. I was really relieved about it. In past i did have an allergic reaction to some medication, in form of very nasty rash and i was worried that i am inclined to have this form of reaction. 
My second observation was also very positive. I have noticed that my pillows and sheet were dry. For past few months i have experienced lots of night sweating and in past few weeks it was happening on daily basis. This 2 things have put smile on my face, i have thought to myself: ‘everything will be just fine’
I had a shower and breakfast and went to work, the day went pretty smooth although i did feel sleepy. By 3 pm i felt tired and couldn’t concentrate on the tasks i was doing. Still i am not sure if this was reaction to the meds or simply one of these days when you want to go home and go to bed....
Its now more than 20 hours of my first oral application of Kivexa (Epizcom) and Sustiva, and i feel fine.
Lets see what tonight will bring....

No comments:

Post a Comment