News

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Time for changes

The spring is here....
The spring is coming, changes in nature starting to appear all over the place. On monday i had lunch at one of the many bars at the beach and i have enjoyed enormously the atmosphere. Lots of people walking the promenade, kids playing.... the skies full of birds coming back after long winter. Wonderful. I also can see changes in myself. I am feeling good, i am generally in good mood (despite the fact that i am so far away from home). I am getting into routine with my medication. I have accepted (well....i am pretty sure i have) the fact that i am at the stage that i have to help my body with some man made chemical stuff, which is probably destroying my liver right now, yet at the same time it’s keeping the virus under control. It has been an intense week. The very important thing is though, that i have managed to focus on the positive things. Apart of the great support i am getting from my very close friends, writing this blog has played a crucial role in my mind set. Putting down, so to say ‘on paper’, my thoughts, feelings, facts is giving me a strange feeling of... i don’t know liberation. Yes, i do understand that this is not Dickens or.......i don’t know...Grisham, however you have to bare in mind that English is not my first language. Nevertheless, i do hope you have enjoyed reading it so far. One of my very close friends said to me after ‘Day 5’ that reading the blog is very refreshing for him. All imperfections and mistakes give this blog a very special character. I have to admit that it was one of the most nicest compliments i have ever received. 
I have therefore decided that i will continue to write and i do hope you will continue to read it.
I am thinking that perhaps the content will not be focused as much on my treatment (seems that there is nothing to write about anymore) as on the HIV issues in general. News about the developments, breakthroughs, successes and defeats. At this point i would also like to encourage you to leave your comments, suggestions. These are greatly appreciated.
Having said all of the above, I don’t really want to go too political with my blog, therefore do not worry I will, of course keep you in the loop with any issues regarding myself and my virus (‘my friend for life’).
As you can also see i am developing a design of the blog, i have now added additional page: ‘Poetry’. My plan is to post there all kinds of poems and songs that i came across in media and the internet (my own included) and that are highlight any HIV /AIDS issues.
Your suggestions or perhaps your own poems would be more than welcome, so i suggest you just grab piece of paper and start writing.....

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing that in just one week I have seen you go through so many emotions, and true to you, you are still the most positive in your outlook and this is indeed driving you forward to live your life the way you always have, positive and full of life. Your poem was fantastic i felt a real conection when i read it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. McGlap - keep up the terrific work. You're words will do yourself, and others, a terrific service. Your honestly is refreshing and your journey is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete