News

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 16

You are all very welcome on this Wizz Air flight.....
Very early rise is not yet very well handled by my body. The alarm went of at 4 am CET and it wasn’t very pretty. I went to bed last night right after taking the meds in order to have few good hours, but again despite of the tiredness of past few days i still have trouble to fall into a real deep sleep. Hopefully this coming weekend will change that. The reason of my early rise is the fact that today i am traveling home for a long weekend and i am sooooooo looking forward to it. Not much planned apart of few friends coming over on Saturday night. By not much planned i mean that i will be spending a lot of time relaxing, catching up with the summer time change and the sleepless nights. I think you would agree that there is no better place to do that than my own bed (a very expensive one if i may add) and the fact that my hubby will be laying next to me. We are communicating on daily basis via SKYPE, however it will be his first time to experience me ‘in flesh’ since i started the meds. Being an ex-pat and traveling back home every couple of weeks was an additional problem with this treatment. He was insisting for me to stay home the first two weeks, however i really wanted to make things as normal as possible, hence decided that i will fly out and carry on as normal. More than 2 weeks after the first pill and i am glad i took this decision. I think sitting at home would make me very vulnerable and there was a real risk to fall into depression. If you have read the blog from the very beginning you would have noticed the emotional roller-coaster i was trying to express in the form of writing the blog. Having my mind occupied with work, dealing with customers and subcontractors as well as this blog kept me sane. I know that he was worried sick, but i really believe it was the right thing to do.
Trough the window of the Airbus 320 i am looking on the clouds beneath us, a perfect blue sky changing into a orange-yellow horizon line. This picture of endlessness and the Armin Van Buuren ‘Only Imagine’ playing trough the headphones brings me a wonderful calm feeling . Even the turbulences  and the screaming weans behind me do not bother me right now. I didn’t know i am able to put myself in such state of self control .. its almost like a self hypnosis. I am still very much aware of what is happening around me, yet my mind travels far away... trying to visualize in my mind the music i am hearing. No, trust me.. i am not ‘high’ or ‘stoned’ although it might seem that way. 
I think i need to check later on tour dates/places of Armin Van Buuren. I haven’t been in a good techno gig since seeing Tiesto couple years back. Even my dear friend, Miss Foo has recently commented via Facebook that it’s time to do something about it.
The captain switched the ‘please fasten Your seat belts on’ sign as we are starting to decent.....gosh i don’t like landings.
On the ground now and after 1 hour train journey i am finally home. Yes,that feels soooo good.  Outside, typical Scottish weather, as Glaswegians would say: It’s pissing down. The view of endlessness is also gone and replaced by gray thick clouds and wet air....but You know what...all that doesn’t matter, i am back home in Scotland and only that matters.
I will check some e-mails and make sure everything is fine in the office while waiting for my hubby to come home from work... 
Life is great

1 comment: