News

Friday, June 17, 2011

David visiting Sopot.....

Yet again - TGI....or shall I say TFGI Friday. What a week at work. It seems that the initial quietness and stress free time I had in Poland after Riga, where stress  was simply my life, is over. I am getting involved in more and more with the local shipping community, I am meeting new potential partners, receiving more and more request, helping my younger colleague solve some difficult problems that arise every single day. Anyone who works in transport and logistics will know what i am talking about. At this point I would like to say that I am very much impressed with Lukasz - the young guy I am working with. Very smart cookie, who has impressed me with some statements regarding business issues, communication, and even HR issues. I will be definitely talking to my area manager to keep close eye on the guy and invest in him. He really has potential.
There is however other reason I am soooo looking forward to this weekend. Finally after 5 months my better half was able to allow himself a Monday off work and therefore booked the flight to come over this weekend. He is working too hard and on top of that the weather in Scotland isn’t great this spring. He deserves a wee break in slightly better climate. On top of that my sister and her husband is arriving from Warsaw as well. (I assume I don’t need to explain that this is not my real sister ?!?!) It will be simply a great weekend. Even if the weather forecast is as FANTASTIC as it was for past 4 weeks, it is still much warmer than Scotland, hence I do hope David won’t be disappointed. The plan is to have nice, relaxing walks, good food in the company of great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment