News

Monday, June 6, 2011

To be undetectable....

The results that I have reported few weeks ago (Viral-Load at 167 and CD4 count at 315) were confirmed today during the appointment. A new consultant has seen me today as my doctor had to go to Australia on a family business. Generally the doctors are very happy with my results however we are not yet there where I should be.  There is nothing to worry about as the above results which reflect the blood counts after 4 weeks of treatment are better than they have anticipated (Viral-Load should get down from the level of 7000 just before the treatment to approx. 1000 after 4 weeks of treatment - my came down to 167). The goal is that the level will decrease to below 40 which then will make the virus undetectable. Usually the are expecting this to happen in the period from 3 till 6 months from the beginning of the treatment. So far they are pretty positive that we will achieve that . I will call the clinic in two weeks time to find out the results, Other than that there is not much more the report. All other blood results (sugar, cholesterol, etc) are very good. So the visit it self didn’t long. We agreed to the next appointment in 3 months time (I know - this is fantastic !!!!) subject to the results in 2 weeks time being good. In case there is something unusual with my blood counts the clinic will contact me and make a separate appointment. I have then went to the pharmacy and picked up my drugs for 3 months. Walking out of the hospital with a huge paper bag full of drugs I was very happy. The good feeling however didn’t last very long. David took me for a nice lunch in Nandos and only then I have started to realise that in few hours I will be kissing him cheerio once again and heading to Edinburgh Airport to fly back to Poland. David had his own doctor appointment hence he couldn’t take me to the airport, however the ‘in-laws’ (Florence and Jim) have generously offered to take me to the airport. On the way to the airport I was ‘working’ on Flo to finally come to Poland. She is very apprehensive as she (and as matter of fact also Jim) never actually took a flight, however I believe there is big chance, they might finally do it. At this point I would like to stress all of you that are thinking about visiting Poland that there is a very limited amount of time I will be based in Poland and it’s extremely unlikely (basically - not possible) that my stay will be extended. I would therefore suggest to check Your diaries and start get on the Wizz Air or Ryan Air to check the availability of the flights.

1 comment:

  1. What can wan say, I knew it would be a good result as I had been sending out positive messages to be recieved by you, and it worked; I am soooooo glad to hear you saying all these positve things and yes it must have been a bit sad to leave David again, but remember everything has a purpose (or a porpoise should you wish one, a joke my dear). All we need tae work on is getting you back tae Scotland, Glasgow, with a fantastic Job; btw what happened re the headhunters, any news there? Anyway, I do hope there wis a wee glass o' something at lunch yesterday tae celebrate your good news & a 3 month appointment. Fantastic big boy , onwards & upwards xxxx So says Vera xx

    ReplyDelete