News

Friday, June 3, 2011

A Day in Poznan....

What a beautiful day it was today in Poznan. The first strokes of sun which has started to rise from behind the cathedral on the other side of the river woke me up just before 5 am. I have turned the blinds a little tighter and came back to bed. I’ve slept for another 2 hours. I got up and jump into shower. My meeting with one of the trucking company was set for 10 am. Not far from the flat, however I had to consider the morning rush traffic. The meeting went extremely well. The company is very much interested in co-operation with us. Hope we finally start doing some European orders with them. Back in the flat for midday check the emails, send one customer an offer and by 2 am I was done. Free afternoon in old town. The sun was splitting the sky. I was sipping cold Carlsberg while sitting outside one of the many bars and pubs on Poznan’s old square. Watching the pre-weekend world passing by. Later on I had a nice lunch in my favorite restaurant Sphinx for which I have weakness since I was a student in this town almost 20 years ago (Gosh that feels......OLD). I was one of their first customers. Yes, I was eating there at day 1 of the very first restaurant. Today Sphinx is a chain of many restaurants in almost every bigger city in Poland. After lunch I came back home for a snooze and also I needed to get ready for the flight. I have arranged with my neighbor who is a taxi driver that he will take me to the airport. He also will pick me up on Monday when I come back to Poznan.  The flight is due at the Edinburgh Airport at 10:25 pm, so today is the very first time I will be taking my medication on the plane at 30 thousand feet. Not that this means anything, just another day, another place. This is part of my life now and am learning that life doesn’t stop, because I have to be home before 10 pm to take my pills. On the flight, in the cinema or in the pub. Anywhere really, I simply need to REMEMBER to take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment