News

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad....

Long and busy day at the office and then a long drive from Sopot to Poznan. On my way I have stopped at my parents for a coffee as it is my Dad’s birthday today. It was nice as he didn’t expect to see me at all. My mu was calling me last week that i wouldn’t forget to call him with the birthday wishes (Yes, I know my Mum is great). I haven’t called the whole day and I know that she was already getting angry with me, but then I’ve simply appeared at the door with a huge orchid plant in my hands. He was chuffed. They both were. My mum has ordered the birthday cake only for Saturday as there will be family gathering for sure, however there is always some kind of home made cake in my mum's kitchen, so we had a piece each with coffee and a chat. Short, however very nice visit.  Once again, Happy Birthday Dad....

I have arrived in Poznan around 9 pm, changed from my work cloths and went for a walk and something to eat to the old town. It’s the time of the year when Old Square is looking pretty again. Tables are out on the square and i shall say at this point lots of people having coffees, beer, etc...however I was actually surprised how quiet it was. Despite very nice weather (after 9 pm and still very warm) lots of places were totally empty, waiters standing bored not even interested to try to invite people in. It made me a little sad to be honest. I never seen Poznan’s Old square so empty even during the week. There were always at least students, having said that I guess Old Square become a little too expensive for students nowadays. I had a kebab in my favorite kebab place (just off the old square), took my pills and now getting ready for bed as I have another busy day tomorrow. Meetings in the morning near Poznan and then flying to Glasgow in the evening. On Monday morning I have  appointment at the clinic. Really looking forward to the weekend at home (even if the weather will be crap....)

No comments:

Post a Comment