News

Saturday, June 11, 2011

...On the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond

It was very busy Saturday morning. Already at 8 am was pushing a trolley through TESCO’s, filling it with goodies. I haven’t done any big shopping for ages and I really needed to some clening stuff as well as drinking water and juices, coffee, sugar, etc... David is arriving next weekend and my fridge and freezer was totally empty. Back in the flat by 10 am unpacked and had breakfast. Scrubbed the bath and after that started to clean windows. I’ve finished cleaning at  2 am the sweat was dripping from me. The flat is still not even close to clean, however enough exercise for one day. I will finish the bits and bobs tomorrow and during the week. I had a nice long shower and after that went for a nice walk on the beach. The beach was very busy and even few people were braved enough to actually swim in the sea. I only took my sandals off and made my feet wet. Trust me, that was enough of the thermal shock to actually feel my balls hitting the brain (as David would say). I think I will wait for another 3 weeks before i actually try to dive under the surface of the Baltic Sea.
Back at the apartment i was sitting on the sofa browsing the YouTube. Somehow I got all sentimental. All stared when I’ve found a Flower of Scotland video from the football game at Hampden back in 2007  where Scotland played France. After that all wend down hill I was searching for different Scottish songs and by the time I’ve listened to ‘Loch Lomond’ performed by the ‘The Corries’, I was crying like a baby, trying to sing with the video at the same time. Sometimes I have days like that where I simply need to cry my eyes out for a while, feeling sorry for myself. You may think I shouldn’t really have reasons for that and I guess You are probably right. I do have great partner, I have great job, I have fantastic friends, I am currently living in a sea side resort with my flat located 2 minutes walk from the beach. So...why ??  I don’t really have answer for you, I think however that the main reason is that David is not here with me.
I am sitting now on a terrace of one of the many coffee shops on the Monciak in Sopot (the main pedestrian street) drinking fabulous caffe latte, eating warm apple pie with ice cream and watching the world passing by. The ‘drama’ is over, I feel better. David is coming here next weekend. I am sooooo looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment