News

Monday, June 27, 2011

On the ball.....

I have found an article (please see the below link) on the Red Ribbon Army’s Facebook page. To be perfectly honest I was slightly confused. I’ve felt like i am having a ‘deja vu’. In the last quarter of last year when my doctor started to prepare me psychologically for my treatment, he was explaining me things using almost the same arguments. He didn’t mentioned where the studies were made, however the outcome was almost exactly the same.  He told me that the new guidelines in UK say that the best time to start treatment is when CD4 count is approaching 350. Now.....is our good old NHS so ahead of the rest of the world with various studies regarding the HIV ?....or perhaps the website is not really ‘on the ball’ with latest treatment updates ? It is for me hard to believe that such important findings would not be shared with international HIV community and if that is the case then this really really scares me.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting indeed, I think that the study has been concluded after a six year period and the full conclusions are now available;however, there was evidence noted after 12 months that the most beneficial CD count was 350+ they also mention other studies (but did not reference them) so maybe this information was widely known 5 years ago and that this is just the full publication at the end f the study which brings everything together over the 6 year study; which is good news all round. So Says Vera xxxx

    ReplyDelete