News

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tropical weather in Poland....

Yet another lovely day here in Sopot. The temperatures have reached 28 degrees during the day. It is hard to sit in the office as the air conditioning is kind of dated back to the ‘soviet times’, however after work I am enjoying Sopot very much. Cycling, inline skating, walking. The beach is nice and clean (the water is Baltic i have to admit) the promenade its almost 20 km hence the above mentioned exercised become such more pleasurable. This is also the reason why the blog is not getting updated as systematically as previously. I simply don’t have enough time in the day. I do hope to get into better shape once i am here (especially to loose the beer belly) and therefore I do hope you will forgive me the gaps in the updates that might occur in the future. After 2 miserable years in Riga its time i take care of my body. Especially now when the medication was introduced, i need to ensure I live healthier life than before. I have already started to eat healthier starting the day with corn flakes instead of scramble egg or fried sausage. I am sure pretty soon i will be fit again. When i went in-line skating for the very first time here on the truck, i have lasted 2 laps and I couldn't breath anymore and my legs were shaking. Now i can do 4 laps and i am still ok and don’t need to sit down. I have forgotten how much fun the inline-skating is. I used to skate a lot back when I was at UNI almost every day around the Malta lake in Poznan and i feel i am getting into it it again.
Anyway, I do hope that at least some of you will manage to visit me here. Only few days ago I have read in the online news paper that during the whole month of June we can expect in Poland a tropical weather. Baltic sea with its famous cold waters might in that case be a real pleasure. I am monitoring the weather in Scotland on daily basis and i think it is worth to think about short break here... remember you’ve got a free accommodation.

No comments:

Post a Comment