News

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Irresistible smell of Polish strawberries....

Getting up at 5 am is not natural, you can argue whatever you like, but I will not  agree that  such a early rise is good for you. No chance !!! Unfortunately I had to get up so early this morning after arriving last night in Poznan... 4 hours drive and full day in the office with over 27 degrees outside and no air con is not fun trust me. I am sooo glad the day is almost over, it looks like the weather cooling down a little bit as well, as from tomorrow for few days the temperatures shouldn’t get so high. After the 12 degrees in Glasgow over the weekend my body is getting a thermal shock. 
First thing I have done this morning after arriving in the office was booking the flight for my next appointment in 12 weeks time. Found a good deal with Wizz Air and with the Wizz Club membership i have received further GBP discount. As much as I am very sceptical about any ‘memberships’ or ‘club’ discounts offered by so many different companies I have to say that in my case joining the WIzz Club was a good move. The discounts I have received from them over past 5 months have already paid for the yearly membership fees and i am able to enjoy the discounts for further months to come.
When i was walking today back to the office after lunch I was passing by a fruit shop and an irresistible smell of fresh polish strawberries have filled my nose. It is the time of the year in Poland when you can buy strawberries that actually taste like strawberries. They don’t look like the strawberries you can get in supermarket the whole year round - big and perfect red imitation of real strawberries. These are far from perfect, all sizes and shapes however tasty... very tasty. I had to get  2 lb. of those. When I’ve arrived back home I washed them  (yes, unusual for me, but I am simply conscious about the E coli outbreak with 22 people dead so far) put some sugar on them and a little cream (very little - honestly) and.... these are history now, the bowl is already washed and put away. Simply gorgeous !!!!! I can see myself buying at least 1 lb. on my way home every day and have with sugar  after the dinner..... and perhaps a little cream

No comments:

Post a Comment