News

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

13 slices....

After busy day at work myself and Lukasz (my colleague) were scheduled for 1 hour squash in not far away gym. I have to admit I wasn’t really looking forward to it, however because we have changed the reservation so many times already I wasn’t prepared to suggest it to change again, so we went. I have to also admit, that i am now actually glad we did go. It was 1 hour of a very good exercise......and I have won the game ! My very first game played officially for points and I have won all 5 sets. I have feeling Lukasz wasn’t really playing his best and with that I basically mean he did let me win. I guess there was a reason in his madness. He perfectly knew that if i lose i will most probably not come back to play squash again, now he has me kind of hooked on this heavy duty sport. There is no doubt that squash will burn my calories like there is no tomorrow. I think with the combination of inline-skating and the squash I will get very fit very quickly. In addition there was a very nice gesture of the gym reception staff when we were leaving. We have received 2 packets (each) of a cereal with fruit ‘Muessli” as a promotion. That means as from tomorrow I will be starting each day with a healthy breakfast too....I feel I am loosing weight already from thinking of all these good things that are happening. I need a fry up for dinner I think..... or perhaps shall I cure my ‘itchy eyes’ by having a kebab... (sorry it’s personal joke of AT, TJ, DK and myself). At the end I went to local supermarket and got some cold meats and cheese and nice bread and tomatoes...... nice, healthy options of a Polish evening snackette...
Anyway... while I was standing in the queue to cold meats counter I was watching a couple in front of me discussing what they should order comes their turn and I was totally amazed when eventually they started ordering. The lassie almost on one breath said: “Could we please have 3 slices of cooked ham, 5 slices of...; no 6 slices - the husband interrupted; yes, 6 slices of chicken ham and 4 slices of headcheese. Thank You” I started to think about it...here they are ordering 13 slices of cold meats after their long discussion, are they really so well organized with their lives to know that this is exact amount of slices ? Please note that this couple didn’t look like they are watching their pennies, so what is it ? I mean do people really shop this way ? Are they really  working out in their heads before buying that “tonight we will have slice of bread with one slice of headcheese each and tomorrow I have one for breakfast while he (the husband) has cooked ham for breakfast” . Do they ? Is there something wrong with me that I don’t have such precise planing ? Shall I be looking into it ? Please tell me if that is the case... I hope I am not loosing the marbles yet, and looking at the reaction of the lady behind the counter I wasn’t the only one who found it totally bizarre..... 

3 comments:

  1. What on earth is "Headcheese"!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...the pic of the headcheese is in the post !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo glad that you answered Alex on whit 'Headcheese' wis. I too am attempting to eat healthy but the headcheese will not be on my menu, even tho it looks very good we would call it a 'terrine' probably of ham wi chicken but wan thinks it may be fattening like pate; but I am sure it wis lovely. So says Vera xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete