News

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Flight cancelled...

I am anxiously following all the news about the new ash cloud after the eruption of the volcano on Iceland. As you all probably remember last year the whole Europe was paralyzed for days. I was also a victim as my flight from Riga to Scotland was cancelled.
It wasn’t a major issue then, well I missed a concert of Rufus Wainwright in Edinburgh. Thanks God the ticket was used by a good friend and as they say what friend gets is not lost. This time however the problem is of totally different matter. On 6th June i have my doctor appointment in the clinic as the prescription will be finished on 7th. Meaning if I won’t make the flight on Friday 3rd as booked i will run out of tablets, and this is NOT GOOD !!! I am really not sure how the Polish medical system works and if the drugs I am talking are permitted on Polish market or even available. Today the airspace over Scotland  and north of England was closed. The experts are talking about only short term distractions, however last year nobody forecasted the flying ban over Europe would last almost 2 weeks. As much as I am not big fan of RyanAir I did like their initiative today by doing a test flights over Scotland, collecting and analyzing data in order to prove that the security measures in UK are simply ridiculous. Yes, I do understand that the authorities don’t want to take the responsibilities, however if Ryan Air can gather an independent team to analyze the situation then what are the authorities doing ???? Well, perhaps I am too cynical and not understand the complexity of the problem and potential risk, but i do have feeling that people in charge of these things aren’t much more advance with their knowledge that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment