News

Sunday, May 22, 2011

On the quest to find the fountain of youth....

There is nothing better than cinema if you feel half of the hangover from the day before. You don’t really want to do much, yet you  feel you need to get out of the house......
The state of me yesterday afternoon was exactly as just described, hence I have decided to check what movies are currently shown on the big screen in Sopot. There were few movies I was actually considering, however I have settled for the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 4’ in 3D. Medium salty popcorn and large coke later I was sitting in a large auditorium with a 3D glasses on. It seems that the 3D technology is starting to dominate the cinema.I was amazed of number of films in that format currently showing. I agree that there is many movies that for sure will gain the artistic value from 3D, however in many cases it is simply overrated feature and the effects are simply disappointing. I have to admit that I have thought movie like Pirates of the Caribbean would add enormous value to the whole movie experience, however the effects are rather.....well..... I would say just OK. Movie it self was good, few bad cuts and i am also not sure about Penelope Cruz - somehow she wasn’t very convincing. Johnny Deep on another hand delivered yet another brilliant performance as Captain Jack Sparrow. Overall great entertainment. If you a have seen the previous parts then you must see it. If you didn’t than.... well is not fantastic cinema, but is good entertainment. Most important that the music theme mixed by DJ Tiesto for the first part of the Pirates of the Caribbean is still dominating throughout the whole movie - FAB.
Back home straight after the cinema and in bed before midnight as today I was going to visit my parents and have home cocked lunch. FAB !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment