News

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Holiday day 11

Our brains are working in a mysterious ways. For so many of us the every day life and it’s ups and downs becomes so hard to bare that we are simply giving up. For some it might be abuse they are experiencing at work, for some a loss of a very dear friend who also has given up. Depression. Only few years ago I was very skeptical about this condition. Always thought that so many people are abusing the term. Then I have first experienced it myself. It was my third year on my ex-pat contract in Riga. I was away from home, my social life in Riga wasn’t great and also the satisfaction I was previously getting from work has faded away. It took me a while to realize that i was depressed. In fact it was David who told me that. I had a terrible time. Yet, i was strong enough to fight it once I have realized what is wrong with me. I wonder what would have to happen in my life that would make me contemplate taking my own life. I always assume that it’s people nature and instinct to fight for life. Yet so many of us gives up. Why ? What is prompting our brains to concentrate on this negative thoughts that eventually become unbearable. Today i was partially involved in a very sad situation. Young man ending up in hospital with overdose of an alcohol and some medication. It made me sad for the whole afternoon.

Flight to Madrid delayed by over 3 hours.....arrived in the hotel around 3 am local time. Very nice hotel indeed. BIG THANKS to Rory for the recommendation. Spacious rooms, comfy beds, trendy look and a free wifi !!! 
Its my first ever visit to Madrid. I am really looking forward to it. Quick breakfast in the hotel and out to explore the city... Exciting !


1 comment: