News

Monday, May 16, 2011

Getting fitter......

I am back. After few days of break in writing I am back. I hope you’ve missed me a tiny bit.
Last Wednesday I was traveling to Riga on business. I have to admit that I am not sure what has possessed me that I have decided to drive from Gdynia to Riga. Instead of flying for 2 hours each way perhaps i have decided to take the car. Well, big mistake ! The distance looks exactly the same as from Warsaw to Riga and I have done this route on so many occasions in the past, however I haven’t realized that the international road A16 between Olsztyn and the Polish-Lithuanian boarder should be actually classified as ‘C’ road or even lower. Instead of 7-8 hours journey I was sitting behind the wheel for the whole 12 hours !!! Arrived in the hotel in Riga at 2 am only to get up at 6:30 in order to meet the customer.... meetings the whole day (till 5 pm) and I had to face the journey back. I have however only traveled to the Polish boarder and decided to stop over night in a local hotel. I was very tired and I was worried that I might get dizzy after taking the medication. 
I have to admit It was great feeling to be back in Riga...short trip, very short actually but nice. It was great to see my former staff in the office. Everyone seem to be happy to see me too. Anyway, after very very long drive i have eventually made back safely to Sopot on Friday afternoon, had a bath and went straight to bed. Woke up to a very sunny and warm Saturday morning. On my mobile I have found a SMS from my friend Wlodek, who has a flat in Sopot, however currently is working in Warsaw and is back in Sopot every 2 or 3 weekends. He was back in town this weekend and wanted to meet. We’ve met at 11 am had a nice breakfast and then went for a very, and i mean VERY, long walk along the beach towards Gdynia and after that came back and kept walking towards Gdansk as we were looking for nice fish stall. I am not sure how many miles we have done walking altogether, however my legs were very sore and I was very tired when I came home at 5 pm. I had a very nice afternoon siesta. Got up at 7 pm and started getting ready to go out again. This Saturday was a Eurovision Song Contest night and, as all good homosexuals around Europe, we’ve decided to organize a small party at Wlodek’s place watching this ‘circus’ and make cheeky remarks on facebook about each and every contestant’s outfit as well as abilities to sing - FAB. The party turned out to be very small indeed, as it was only two of us. Two other friends came by only much later. We ate, we drunk and we had a good laugh, sitting at Wlodek’s till 3 am. Once again I was initially worried that I will have to leave early due to the dizziness after i swallow the pills.. As expected the dizziness came about 45 minutes after I have took the medication, however approx. 20 minutes later for some strange and unknown to me reason, it has eased a fair bit. I was amazed.  Dont get me wrong, it was there (the dizziness i mean) for the rest of the night, however really almost unnoticeable even for me. I still can’t pin down the reasons behind the reactions I am sometimes getting and sometimes not, but I am sure I will figure it out shortly.
Also during this weekend I have made decision that I really need start getting fitter again. Being so active for so many years I feel sad and.... OLD when after walking few stairs or small hill I am out of breath.  Hopefully the fact that I am currently leaving in Sopot will help me get back into shape. On Sunday I went to a shopping centre near me and I have purchased new rollerblades. My old ones were left on Gran Canaria 11 yeers ago when i was moving to Scotland. Today after work I went out to test these. I haven’t forgotten how it’s done, however what I did forget is that I am 11 years older and also few pounds heavier than last time I was inline-skating. I have lasted 20 minutes on the track. Little disappointing....isn't ???

1 comment:

  1. Of course we missed you, I feel like I am a stalker & if I do not read what is happening with you I get withdrawl symptons, only kidding. Anyway it seems you are living your life with vigour now that you realise your drugs are working,re you doing all that driving & walking; although the walking is very good for you & I wish you well in renewing your skating; Is the sign above one that you will print off wi yer name on it & post it on the lamposts along your skating route to warn all the peeps out walking that you will be racing through at breakneck speed like a man on a mission. You take care and enjoy your renewed energy, but don't forget to relax also, which is very important also. Byeeeeee Vera xxxx

    ReplyDelete