News

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sopot's Pier..

I am sitting on the Sopot’s Pier, enjoying very warm spring evening, watching the world pass by. I had to pay PLN 5.5 (approx. GBP 1.25) to actually be allowed to enter the pier which i find it simply ridiculous. During our recent holidays we were visiting Bournemouth in UK and the entry ticket for their pier was GBP 0.60. Here is more than double the price and although Sopot seem to be posh place i don’t think it is as posh as Bournemouth. Having said all that why the hell pay to enter any pier in the first place. It is nothing really that exciting about them... just bridge going out 100 - 200 meters into the sea. Right, already sense that you want to ask me why did I pay then ...well... all i can say is that it will not happen again. I guess I wanted to go out of the flat and sit down somewhere nice to write few words for my blog. I can’t believe that it is after 8 pm and in May and I am sitting in shorts and t-shirt enjoying this calm moments.The systematic sounds of waves reaching the beach is very relaxing and almost hypnotizing.  Down beside the pier, first beach volleyballs players opening their summer season. Couples walking along the beach holding hands, catching last strokes of the sun which setting down behind the Grand Hotel. First stalls with tacky gifts trying to attract tourist. The air is very misty over the sea, however in far distance I see queue of vessels waiting to get into the Gdynia port. I really think i was very lucky finding the apartment I am living in right now. I wish David could be here with me. I  feel he going through a very rough time right now feeling fed up. To be honest hearing daily report about the weather in Scotland I am not surprised. Wish there was a way he could come over here and perhaps open similar business he has in Scotland. First however I need to try to get him to visit here and also will suggest him to bring his Mum and her partner. I am very sure they would enjoy this place as well. 
Anyway, time to get moving, i still would like to go get some exercise today. The inline-skating track is only minutes from my flat.

1 comment:

  1. A very nice evening if this is a photo of the Pier to-night. Be carefull on they roller blades. I am sure David would like nothing more than to join you tere for a break I will work on the old dog and get him tae agree a visit in the summer when the weather is good & hot as you will be even more so wi all that exercise n healthy eating n stuff. Go boy Go. Again says Vera xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete