News

Monday, April 11, 2011

8 weeks.....

I am coming back in 8 weeks. Yes, its all good.
This morning was a little bit nervous. I was trying to keep calm and positive however i would lie if i say i was totally cool this morning when Douglas was driving me to the hospital. I was nervous, very nervous in fact. I really want this to work. I don’t want to have one less option of the treatment just after it started.  Well had a chat with my doctor  about the past 4 weeks and how i feel and she didn’t seem to surprised. She said that they really didn’t expect any complaints from me. I can only assume that this statement was based on  the developments of my previous blood counts... and on the fact that i DON’T SMOKE and the positive attitude of course.
Apparently i should not expect any huge changes in the CD4 counts, however the viroload should drop down to approx. 1000 - 1500. I will only be able to learn that in 2 weeks time. I have to call back the clinic to find out the results. In the mean time i don’t need to be back before 8 weeks time. The nurse came to take my bloods, I got the prescription and made appointment for the Monday 6 of June.
During the conversation  with the doctor i have learned that it will take some time for night sweats to go away, i have learned that there is something in the grapefruit juice that might stop the enzymes in my stomach to breakdown the meds in the way they are working in the most effective way. I have also learned that the alcohol does not interact with the meds at all. It was really funny as the doctor worded it that way that it sounded that basically i can get pissed with no consequences at all. When she realized what she said she started to back truck it, giving me a lecture that excessive drinking is bad for you regardless if you are taking medication or not. She noticed that i was amused and we started laughing. Eventually she said: You know what i mean ! I have confirmed that i know.
I came out very pleased with what i have learned. Douglas took me back to town to see my hubby and after that he took me home. Once again i would like to say THANK YOU for taking me to the hospital so many times before. Also big THANK YOU to my pal Gordon who also has helped me commuting to the clinic on so many occasions.

The rest of the afternoon i have spent at my laptop reading some work emails and also trying to resolve few issues with regards to my work. One of the emails i have found in my mailbox was very much unexpected... in a positive way. It looks like i might be head hunted. I know, i think is incredible.... it's too early to disclose any more details about it however just the fact that such thing has happened makes me feel......GOOOOOOD !!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wan is very happy indeed that things are moving as they are; you see 'the secret' is always working for you, you keep sending out the positive messages to your body & the great universe & things happen in the most positive ways, like you being 'headhunted' this is no surprise to me as your talents are noted by all who you meet with. It's always great to have been headhunted as it affirms all that you have been working for, even if the present work are not as appreciative or accomodating as they could be. Just remember the move, should there be one on offer may not be the move that you want just yet to enable you to reach your goal of your perfect job or vocation. Rememember just exactly what you want right now,and in the future and work with that in mind when negotiating, unless it's wi tha mafiosa, then wan knows exactly what to do when they come calling. Wan is very very happy indeed with your results of yesterday, I toast your success. BTW I have yet to print off my cheque to place on my ceiling, but there will be an amount built in for my fav 'Big Boy' xxxx Vera

    ReplyDelete