News

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Made in Scotland from girders....

Alarm went off at 4:45 am, i have jumped out of the bed, toilet, half sleeping... shower, still half sleeping, dressed and went downstairs to make a coffee for my hubby. I asm not a big coffee drinker, hence i have decided to wait till i get to train station and get a latte at Costa.
Train journey went smooth... GBP 3:35 single to Prestwick International Airport and that with discount when you show the travel documents. The train connection with Prestwick Airport is really good, you can not deny that , the only trouble is when you have to catch very early flights. First Ryan Air flights are leaving at 6:00 am so there is no chance you can use the service unless you decided to arrive with the last service at night and sleep at the airport. My Wizz Air flight is leaving at 7:55 therefore the first service from Glasgow is simply a perfect timing. There was a queue at the security and same as last week bit of chaos as 3 flights were leaving at the same time. They have brought out more ground staff this morning than last week, however that didn’t help much. Lots of fighting with passengers flying to Riga about the weight and size of hand luggage. Once again, whoever says that ‘priority boarding’ is a rip off and will not pay the fee as a principal, surely never flew to any of Eastern Europen destinations. It is sooo worth it.
Anyway up on 37000 feet right now, the weather is fine, flight time 2 hours 5 minutes. Stewardess confirmed to me that there is no wind in Gdansk. So, i am sitting here happy as Larry in the first row as usual in order to be first off the plane and out of the terminal as quick as possible. ....and just so you can put Your mind to rest in case you are worried, I have triple checked my backpack and haven’t forgotten the keys.
My mind is starting to get into work mode, i am preparing in my head ‘to do list‘ so i can get on with it as soon as i am back in the office. Lots of phone calls to be made today.  
It has turned out to be a very busy day at the office indeed. The early rise has also added to general feeling of crapness (I know, I would not get any point for this word if i play Scrabble, but you know what i mean.. don't you ?) and tiredness the whole afternoon. I am so glad i am home now. I’ve fall into a chair, feet up, the laptop on my lap and writing the blog.....there is somethnig missing though.... i could murder now for a nice, cold can of Diet Irn Bru. I know i am just back from Glasgow and i should buy some  at the airport to take it with me. Well, a sparkly water ‘Kropla Beskidu’ will have to do the trick. I am back in Glasgow in 10 days i will have to deal with it. I will need to start a support group.

> Hi ! My name is McGlap and i am Irn Bru addict <
> Hi McGlap <
> I have been clean for 14 hours. That’s 14 long hours without Irn Bru. I can’t stand the feeling any longer, however there is nothing i can do about it till next week. I will be visiting local supermarkets trying to find a substitution fizzy drink. <

Hmmmmm........There is actually an idea....there is so many Polish people living in Scotland, so many is traveling back to Poland for holidays or coming back permanently. For sure i am not the only one addicted to it.... perhaps a business opportunity - Exclusive distribution rights for Irn-Bru in Poland. 

Yes, I know, I have FAB idea I will log into a Youtube.com and start watch the old Irn Bru TV adverts. That always cheers me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment