News

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Upstairs downstairs....

What a great day we had yesterday. The weather was simply wonderful, as much as middle April day in Scotland can be. Of course, typically Glasgow style we had our shorts on, but this is not unusual, first sun is out and the whole Glasgow is in shorts and t-shirts.
The lunch was typically Italian style gorgeous and also very much Italian style expensive, but what a great time we had. We’ve ended up in our back garden with more G&T’s and lager shandies for me. Very nice day indeed. 
It looks like the weather will also be nice today...... this is second consecutive sunny day in Glasgow. Are we having summer in April this year ? ....or perhaps a side effects of global warming ? In any case i would suggest to all Glaswegians to make the best out of it. If you are not planing any holiday in Spain this year this might be Your only chance to wear shorts. The funny thing is that everyone else thinks that i am kidding, however Glaswegians know that i am being dead serious. It is 8 am right now and sunny and i would not be at least surprised that by 10 am we have grey skies and and the rain is tapping into the windows...
Am i being negative ? No, i don’t think so, i am being realistic.  You see, i was lucky enough to live in some very nice places in Europe and yet despite crappy weather,  Glasgow and Scotland is my home and always will be. Past 3 years i am spending a lot of time abroad with my work and miss Scotland and Glasgow terribly. I know i am repeating myself when i say that, but i really feel it is time i return home permanently. 
Anyway, i have promised myself not to get upset and sentimental this weekend. The situation at the moment is at it is. I have some responsibilities i have accepted and i need to make sure i will do the best job i possibly can. I will be back home soon.
In the mean time lets just enjoy my time in Glasgow especially on such nice day. We are meeting some friends for lunch however i  think an episode or two of the ‘Upstairs downstairs’ new series is in order first. I really loved the original series and am very happy to see that the story continues.
Its 6:30 pm and we are just got back home with a fish and haggis suppers. 
What a lovely day it was. We had a very nice lunch at Garfield hotel with Dougie and Wayne. We have met the ‘in laws’ at the Forge Market. We were in the Apple shop looking at iPhones 4 and iPads 2 and we even have managed not to buy anything. After that we have met Fiona and sat in Merchant City outside a pub catching up. The town was simply buzzing. Every single cafe had the tables out. People chatting, laughing. It was nice to see the town waking up from a long cold and wet winter. Yes, i know i wasn’t here, but i was receiving daily reports and know exactly that it is one of the first nice spring weekends in Glasgow. 
Tomorrow’s appointment  was not in my mind at all the whole weekend, and even now when i am writing about it it doesn’t really make me nervous. 
Let simply see what tomorrow will bring.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure the appointment will be all perfect. I love reading this post. Sounds very Carrie Bradshaw and very realistic to me :-) I just closed my eyes and tried to imagine your fabulous day in Glasgow. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete