News

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Holiday day 6

Lazy day around the house. Martin is working from home. Louise went for her doctor appointment and after that she is going to her office for the first time after Isla was born. So David and I were just lazying around and to be honest it was great. SO far we had a very busy holiday. Quiet time at friends home, reading, surfing the net, watching TV... nice !! I have checked some work emails to see if there is anything urgent and important. I’ve deleted the junk from the mailbox so when i am back at work I don’t have hundreds and hundreds unread mail.
The rash which seem to bother me for past few days (yes, yet again another rash) has also eased down a bit. The skin still looks a little red, but the itchiness is away.
Have just called up my clinic in order to check the blood results after last blood samples were taken (2 weeks ago). The nurses confirmed my request and i need to call back tomorrow to receive the numbers (CD4 count and Viroload). During my last visit at the clinic (4 weeks after starting the medication) I was told that i probably will not see a great difference in the CD4 count as the 4 weeks period is simply to short for the pills to make any difference, however they would expect that the level of virus in the blood is reduced to a level of 1000-2000. I guess everything is ok, otherwise they would already contact me wanting to come and see them. I really can’t complain, as overall the side effects I have experienced so far weren’t very bad. I am however a little annoyed about this rash again.
Martin has explain to me the general idea of the ‘Twitter’ community. I am thinking of perhaps introducing the blog to a bit wider audience, perhaps also people interested or affected in any way by HIV and different treatments. It turns out i still can do this anonymously which at the moment is very important to me.
I finally did have chance to start working on the summer party invitations. Yes, we have decided to host the party once again this summer. For past 5 years we are hosting our Annual Summer Bash (as we like to call it). I have to say that for past 4 years for me it was a great opportunity to see our friends. Working abroad makes my social life very difficult sometimes. At our summer party I have chance to see and have some good time with all our friends. It has been tradition that I am preparing an official invitation for the party and this year I am not going to fail either (although I have to admit it is late as usually the invites for july are out by now). Anyway, i have prepared 3 different designs which I need to show to my hubby for the proof reading and final editing comments. Last year I haven’t done it and there was a date discrepancy on the actual invite... 
Hitting the road again today... next stop Manchesterford !

No comments:

Post a Comment