News

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring cleaning....

Yesterday, 4 pm in the afternoon, the guests arriving at 7 pm and from the 2 vacuum cleaners in the house none is working !!! My hubby noticed very quickly that i am about to explode as i wasn’t in the mood for trying to fix these two especially when he admitted that he actually knew these are not working. He quickly grabbed a car key and said: I will be right back, I am going to to CURRYS (for non UK residents: thats home appliances, TV, computers, etc.. store).  He returned pretty quickly as he said and in the back of the car i saw not one, but two new DYSON vacuum cleaners. So now we have one each, or..... one for downstairs one for upstairs...Anyway we have finished on time and the house was nice and tidy for the boys arriving. 
3 weeks ago we arranged a night out, however in all the pubs we went to, the music was so laud you couldn’t even hear yourself thinking. There was no chance for any conversation without shouting to each other. I don’t know what wrong nowadays with the pubs. DJ-ing was a typical DISCO ‘thing’, now all the pubs have DJs and they all think that people are coming to pub to listing to them. This is not a DISCO or some gig boys and girls. People go to pub to meet with friends, to have drink, to unwind after work. So could you turn the music down...PLEASE.
Due to that noise disaster last time we have decided that this meet in the house for a drink in order to catch up will all the news. So this time we were due to play the hosts.
My hubby cooked a FAB Thai Green Curry Chicken with 2 different type of rice and noodles. There is always plenty of booze in the house so with a great a company of our friends it had to be a great night.....and yes it was. We had a great laugh the whole night.
It was good to see everybody in a good form, even our dear friend Ian who wasn’t well lately was here and had a good time. Not my HIV, nor my blog was discussed as not everyone is aware of the situation yet. I will be doing my second ‘coming out’  - this time with the news about HIV, however it’s not the time yet. Not yet.
One of the subjects on the ‘catching up’ agenda was: holiday. It looks like perhaps even more friends will join us in Feb/Mar of 2011 during a Mardi Grass in Sydney. This would be great.
I am still trying to be careful with alcohol. I do not want this to affect the meds and cause some reaction. I did consume 2 Smirnoff Ice and 2 Magners (large..or shall i say very large). I was a bit marry.... I was at the stage when you say to yourself.. i want to go for it tonight, just get drunk.... but i didn’t and i am glad i didn’t.
I took my meds on time and i was expecting to get the feeling of dizziness fairly quickly but i was keeping very well. I lasted till the last guests left
On Monday 11th April i will have the first tests after starting the medication and i am going to ask few questions with regards to my diet, lifestyle and alcohol. I guess i really can’t carry on  the lifestyle i prior the medication and i will have make some amendments. I just hope there won’t be anything too drastic.
We have a very nice weather today in Glasgow, meaning sun is coming out once in a while. I have fixed the water in the hot tub for a dip later on. ‘Inlaws’ are coming for their tea - Its Mothers Day in UK today. It is good to be home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment