News

Monday, April 4, 2011

Coming home

I woke up this morning at 6:30 and the sun was filling the room. I rolled over and blu sky brought a instant smile on my face. Still in bed started planning my day: breakfast, work emails, doctor appointment, then town shopping for my best man’s new born baby. I decided however that 6:30 is still too early to actually leave the bed and that another hour snooze won’t make me any harm.... So i fall asleep again. When i woke up, the blue sky was covered with dark gray clouds and i heard the rain drops tapping on the window. I know, i know, i shouldn’t be surprised, i live in Scotland after all.
The change of the scenery didn’t kill my spirit, i've jumped out of the bed and went to the bathroom, when brushing my teeth i have burped unexpectedly and a strange, acidy taste filled my mouth. Only seconds after i've felt an excruciating pain in my stomach. I don’t know what what that was. I had to lay down on the bed and curl my knees to my chest. The pain lasted approx. 3-4 minutes and as quick as it came, it disappear.... I took the shower and  came down to prepare my breakfast. The pain was gone.....
My doctor appointment was for 10:30 this morning, it was an appointment with my local GP regarding my blood pressure medication (yes, another pills i am taking on daily basis). One of the HIV pills is interacting with one of the blood pressure pills and the dosage had to be increased. I've arranged this appointment to check that the blood pressure is under control and the new dosage is working. .........and it is working. 
I am not sure if the earlier pain had anything to do with my HIV pills, however i didn’t discuss it with my GP. I have appointment in my HIV clinic next Monday to check the first results after starting the treatment and i will discuss this incident there. I have read that the stomach pain could be a side effect, however i find it strange that it appear only 3 weeks after starting the treatment. 
I got soaking wet when walking back home from doctors. I've felt cold, after talking to my hubby on the phone we have decided that we'll postpone the baby cloths shopping till next weekend. 
Today afternoon only relaxing and I think an hour in a hot tub later on is in order.
Tomorrow morning I am catching an early flight again....but the good news is that I am coming back home on Saturday again. yes, the flying is very exhausting however this is for sure the last 12 months i am doing this. It is time that my ex-pat experience came to an end. It is time i spent some quality time home with my husband and with friends. Last three and half years of me working abroad had put an enormous pressure on the relationship and the time simply seem to disappear. Life is too short to waste the time we have on this earth on chasing the career.  Don't get me wrong i do not regret the opportunity i was given. It was a great experience, however now it is time to come home.
I have decided to look into this right after our 2 week holiday over Easter. 






No comments:

Post a Comment